What makes your home, home during the holiday season? We all have many traditions, or this is the first year of many to come. Home during the holiday season is to surround yourself with family and friends, nestling in the kitchen cooking your favorite meals. What do you do to calm the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Here are my favorite ways to keep calm during this season and cherish the memories to be made.
- Plan Accordingly-- if you know you're hosting this holiday season, try to plan ahead and pick up things weekly that you will find yourself needing for the big day!
- Share the Duties--big or small family and friends are here to help! When relatives or friends offer to bring dishes or anything you need, take them up on it!
- Prepare For One or Two More--chances are the RSVP's are an estimate. Make sure to have one or two more dishes on your table.
- Candles and Pumpkins--the most cost effective and perfect tables have room for everyone. Adding some small pumpkins and candles to the center of your table leave space and brighten the romance of the season.
- Provide Distractions-- for the little ones that might be joining your table, set aside some space for them to let their creative colors fly. Painting pumpkins, coloring turkey sketches and fall time movies are all great distractions to keep them occupied while hosting for the holidays.
- Kick Up Your Feet-- the dishes can wait! Don't forget to ENJOY this moments. We often get caught up in the cooking, cleaning, decorating and more. We forget to take time to sit down and kick our feet up. Do not fret, the dishes can be done tomorrow.